- Bangladesh diaries: tales of a trainee tiger conservationist
- Okapi camera-trapping
- Introducing the Tiger Team
- The big picture of tiger conservation
- Visiting my Chagossian heritage – Yannick Mandarin
- Bulletin ZSL Cameroon July-September, 2013
- Poaching Across The Generations
- Black Rhino Expedition in Zambia Part 2 (Elephants at lunch!)
- Black Rhino Expedition in Zambia Part 1 (Hyenas in the kitchen!)
- A Farewell from the Tobago Expedition 2013 Team
- Jack: thank you for sharing. I am a keen follower of the...
- NGALAGOU Charles: fauna conservation in our country has a long way ...
- Rob van Loon: Interesting project,the best of luck in conserving...
- Jo: Mangroves are also important fish nurseries....
- Darshan Patel: Exciting stuff! All the best in saving the okapi -...
The Russian Far East
Necropsies and parasites by Mikhail Goncharuk
There are different ways of studying health in wildlife – live trapping with physical examination, blood sampling for serological surveys , etc.. Parasitological necropsies are also included in this list. Such kind of work related to determination of endo and ectoparasites was performed in leopard cats. Usually we work with live animals, that have been caught in [...]
Big cats trapping – fall 2011
September came at last, trees are tinged by yellow colors , and one could sense some adventures from all of it. Everyone is in anticipation of this exciting event – Amur leopard and tiger trapping. I name this event to be exciting not only because we are faced with trapping wild and rare big cats [...]
Death of the “bad guy”
Hi all. I’m sorry that did not let you know about wild life news from Russian Far East for a long time. But as for recent case – It is just my duty to tell you about it. The story starts with phone call in the last days of the February – It was my [...]
The Great Britain trip
After spending about two weeks in Moscow, where I was being during the process of the UK visa legalization, I had finally got cherished document and left the capital of Russia for the capital of Great Britain. The first point of destination was the Wildlife Heritage Foundation (WHF), the breeding centre for big felid species. [...]
The ways of ungulate sampling
Investigation of diseases among Amur leopard and Amur tiger potential prey species such as ungulates is a significant part of our work. This time I would like to pay attention to this part of our work and describe the ways of samples obtaining from such animals as sika deer, roe deer and red deer. Totally [...]
Stoppage at the Moscow
Though having a big number of friends from aboard, I have never left the borders of my country. But I’m happy to say that such chance appeared a few months ago. The Zoological society of London invited me to Great Britain, where I’ll have opportunity to visit ZSL London and Whipsnade zoos, Wildlife Heritage Foundation [...]