- Bangladesh diaries: tales of a trainee tiger conservationist
- Okapi camera-trapping
- Introducing the Tiger Team
- The big picture of tiger conservation
- Visiting my Chagossian heritage – Yannick Mandarin
- Bulletin ZSL Cameroon July-September, 2013
- Poaching Across The Generations
- Black Rhino Expedition in Zambia Part 2 (Elephants at lunch!)
- Black Rhino Expedition in Zambia Part 1 (Hyenas in the kitchen!)
- A Farewell from the Tobago Expedition 2013 Team
- Jack: thank you for sharing. I am a keen follower of the...
- NGALAGOU Charles: fauna conservation in our country has a long way ...
- Rob van Loon: Interesting project,the best of luck in conserving...
- Jo: Mangroves are also important fish nurseries....
- Darshan Patel: Exciting stuff! All the best in saving the okapi -...
Biodiversity and Palm Oil
ZSL to train palm oil practitioners in Cameroon
Oil palm plantations are quickly beginning to expand into the incredibly biodiverse areas of West Africa. However the awareness of sustainable practices, the concept of High Conservation Values and good management and monitoring of those values is very limited. As a result, ZSL Indonesia has teamed up with Wild Asia to conduct a three day [...]
The new Principles and Criteria are approved, but challenges remain
The members of the RSPO in an extraordinary General Assembly last week in Malaysia voted in favour of new Principles and Criteria that strengthen RSPO members’ commitment to producing palm oil in a more sustainable way. To view the new P&Cs click here. However, the greenhouse gases (GHG) emitted in the production of Palm oil, [...]
The RSPO endorses the ZSL High Conservation Value Monitoring System
At a recent meeting of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil’s (RSPO) Biodiversity and High Conservation Value (HCV) Working Group, the ZSL’s Palm Oil Project Manager, Michal Zrust, presented the new patrol monitoring system for endorsement by the group. Endorsement is not only an official appraisal of the work that ZSL has put into the [...]
Let the implementation begin!
It has been a busy few months for the OPB field team, but the end of this stage of our project is slowly nearing its end. After almost a year in development, field testing, consultation and adaptation, the ZSL HCV monitoring system was finally ready for training to our two project partner companies. All that [...]
Socialisation of Indonesian Sustainable Palm Oil Initiative: 1st Platform Meeting
On the 20th of December 2012, members of the ZSL Biodiversity and Palm Oil team attended the 1st platform meeting of the Indonesian Sustainable Palm Oil (ISPO) Initiative. The initiative, coordinated by the Ministry of Agriculture and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is designed to reinforce the development of the ISPO standard by working [...]
Highlights of RT10
The Biodiversity and Palm Oil team arrived back in the Bogor office last week after attending the 10th annual meeting of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO RT10) in Singapore. The theme of the three-day event was 10 Years of Driving Sustainability. A Business Model for the Future. There were more than 800 delegates [...]